Under the supervision of the Director of the DD Division, the Janitor/Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for janitorial and building maintenance for two Ibero locations. Includes lifting of heavy equipment.
- Establish good working relationship with agency staff.
- Perform tasks related to the proper upkeep of the property, both interior and exterior. Ex. Cleaning bathrooms, Sweeping, washing, waxing floors, cleaning windows, dusting equipment, mowing, etc.
- Uses cleaning equipment such as floor polishing machine and vacuum cleaner.
- Notifies supervisor of the need to order janitorial supplies.
- Stocks janitorial supplies.
- Maintains the grounds and facilities to ensure safety. Ex. Snow removal, salting, keeping stair ways free of obstacles, etc.
- At times may clean IRA residences.
- Acts as a messenger to deliver or pick-up packages around the area.
- Monitor disposal of garbage ensuring containers are closed and mandates from the Dept. of Health are up to date.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of safety systems.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in cleaning buildings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physically able to carry and lift heavy equipment.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and meet Ibero Vehicle Operator Requirements.
- Bilingual Spanish and English preferred but not required.
- Lifting requirements of atleast 50 pounds
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be considered.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 50 lbs. and frequent standing.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.