Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, the ELT Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Rochester City School District, and School 17. The ELT Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of all Ibero-ELT activities at School 17. The ELT Coordinator provides leadership, direction, supervision and support to ELT Instructors. The ELT Coordinator serves as the primary Ibero contact to the School's ELT Director, school administration, faculty and parents. The ELT Coordinator ensures all contract compliance with respect to private, federal, state and city government agencies overseeing program funding.
Hours of operation:
School No. 17
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday- 8:30am-4:30pm
*Attends professional development trainings during school breaks
- Attend weekly partner meetings
- Manage daily operations and coordinate with the schools ELT Director
- Recruit, interview, manage and train program staff
- Attend Professional Development opportunities at The Rochester City School District
- Act as a liaison to parents; conduct home visits
- Formulate program activity work-scopes and completes all required reporting to Ibero and the District
- Collect and input Attendance daily
- Ensure program activities and content are comprehensive and support ELT program goals and outcomes in accordance with contractual obligations
- Assist with the recruitment of parents for parent workshops
- Participate in the RCSD evaluation process
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor or delegates
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. Must exercise considerable autonomy, initiative and makes decisions regarding completion of tasks and monitoring activities. Must use sound judgment in reaching those decisions and use established policies and procedures in the day-to-day direct service tasks.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
- Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and organizational goals.
- Relationship Building-Ability to build/maintain friendly relationships/networks with people who might be useful in achieving work-related goals.
- Training & Presentation Skills.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum BS in a related Field.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, both written and verbal
- Minimum of three to five years of experience and successful experience working with Latino
- Experience with lesson planning, and coordination.
- NYS Education fingerprint clearance.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license, satisfactory driving record and transportation.
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by the President and CEO
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 20 lbs. and frequent sitting.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.