Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Family Services Division or designee, the PAM Coach/ Navigator administers the PAM survey, provides case management services to individuals who are uninsured or low utilizers of the health care services and provides support and supervision to program staff.
- Administer the PAM survey to individuals who are uninsured or are under utilizers of health care services.
- Provide critical supports to the individuals such as transportation arrangements for health care appointments.
- Make arrangements for interpreting services for individuals as needed.
- Refer individuals to community resources to meet financial and housing needs and monitors referrals outcomes.
- Assess each individuals' barriers that prevent them from engaging and maintaining their engagement in health care services.
- Assist individuals to make arrangement for health care appointments and to keep those appointments.
- Educate the individuals about the importance of: enrolling in health insurance, selecting a primary care provider, feeling comfortable and establishing a patient / provider relationship, attending to their health care appointments regularly, adhering to prescribed medical treatment and receiving preventive care.
- Use the Flourish Data Base System to administer the PAM Survey.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate case records of each individual served.
- Provide supervision and support to PAM Navigators.
- Does community outreach to promote the program in the community.
- Submit monthly reports as required.
- Attends formal and informal training sessions in/outside the agency.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The employee exercises considerable initiative in setting priorities within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of interpersonal relations.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing case management services.
- A minimum of one year experience with supervising staff.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- A valid N.Y.S. driver license.
- Ability to work when appointments are scheduled, and periodically travel for training seminars.
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be considered.
The position does require occasional standing.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.