Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Instructor will provide social/emotional and academic support and/or enrichment workshops to students in grades k-8th at school #17 from 8:30 AM 4:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday. The Instructor will maintain a safe and secure environment, conductive to learning and in compliance with programs performance objectives that are met at all times.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with Ibero program staff, RCSD staff, funding/accrediting agencies, related community agencies, and parents.
- Provide workshops to children in an after school setting based on the curriculum set forth by Ibero.
- Adheres to the curriculum set forth by Ibero.
- Utilizes materials to give the best learning experience to the students.
- Ensures compliance with agency's rules and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with State laws, rules and regulations as they apply to schools.
- Prepares all required program reports as required by the agency's established policies and procedures.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, parent meetings, staff training and center events as assigned.
- Keeps knowledge of children and families confidential.
- Continues to grow professionally.
- Completes works on a timely manner.
- Keeps track of monthly classroom attendance, submits to Coordinator.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator and/or Director of Children & Youth Services.
The employee exercises considerable initiative and makes decisions regarding assignments of tasks and monitoring activities. Must use sounds judgment in reaching those decisions and in the day to day task with the students.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Developing Others-Ability to teach or foster the development of others, giving constructive feedback and reassurance after problems.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal-Ability/desire to understand others' attitudes/interests/needs/nonverbal behavior, listening skills, and understanding strengths/limitations of others.
- Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others to accomplish team and organizational goals.
- Training & Presentation Skills.
- Relationship Building-Ability to build/maintain friendly relationships/networks with people who might be useful in achieving work-related goals.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in related field, Bachelors preferred.
- One plus years of experience working with children.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development, accepted methods of guiding children's behavior.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform all physical duties required by the supervision of school age children.
- Must have fingerprint clearance from the RCSD.
- Must be able to interact positively with parents, staff and community partners
- A combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 10 lbs.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.