STATUS: Full-Time, Part-Time, Relief
Ibero is a dual-language human services agency with the unique ability to target multiple audiences in English and Spanish. We are committed to serving individuals and families of all backgrounds with a strong focus on teaching our clients how to become self-sufficient. Through hands-on learning, we help children, youth, families and individuals with developmental disabilities transition into the classroom, the workforce and the community. Ibero also offers fee-for-services to help businesses expand into the growing Latino market.
Under the supervision of the Resident Manager, the Resident Counselor will foster independence in the residence through individual program plans, recreational activities and one-on-one counseling. The Resident Counselor will be part of an Interdisciplinary treatment plan. Responsible along with the other staff for the maintenance of the home and the welfare of the residents. High School Diploma or GED and a Valid Driver's License is REQUIRED for this position.
- Provides community residents with counseling, supervision, training and assistance in accomplishing skills which includes self-care, social, recreational, community, domestic skills, budgeting, and money management skills.
- Administers medications for residents in accordance with Ibero's Community Residence Medication Policy.
- Initiates structured and unstructured recreational and leisure activities consistent with resident program plans.
- Maintains appropriate and up to date records on each resident, i.e., progress notes, rehabilitative services, Behavior Data Sheets, Program Travel Logs, Case Review Forms and Monthly Summaries.
- Assist the Residence Manager/Nurse in providing the resident's dietary needs including meal preparation, meal planning, grocery shopping, etc.
- Assist the Residence Manager/Nurse in the maintenance of the residence i.e., housekeeping, laundry, lawn care, etc.
- Attend all required training and program meetings.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED REQUIRED
- Valid NYS drivers license REQUIRED
- Bi-Lingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
- A combination of education, experience and training other than specified above, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be considered.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.